2. What are some good safety reminders?
• Always keep flammable and combustible materials (e.g., paper, clothing, wood, gasoline, solvents) away from any open flames that originate from your appliances.
• Know how to shut off the gas supply from your tank or cylinder. If you do not know how, contact your propane supplier for instructions.
• Never place your head near or directly over the valves on your storage tank. A sudden release of product from the safety relief valve could result in serious injury.
• The propane liquid that is stored in your tank or cylinder can cause severe frostbite if it comes in contact with your skin or eyes.
• Never store propane cylinders or containers inside any enclosed building.
• Treat all propane gas odors seriously. Any odors may indicate a very dangerous situation.
• Never assume that propane odor is only the result of your tank being near empty. If the odor persists, you may have a serious leak.
• You should always contact your local propane supplier if you suspect a leak Consumers LP Gas Co..