8. What are general rules for lighting pilots on appliances?
• Notify your propane supplier immediately if you have a problem lighting a pilot.
• Never attempt to modify or repair the gas control valves or any other component of a gas appliance.
• Never light a pilot if you smell gas.
• If you continue to smell gas, even after lighting a pilot, turn off the gas valve immediately upstream of the appliance to stop the flow of gas. Contact your propane supplier immediately to investigate the situation.
• In most situations it is best to have a trained technician light the pilots on your appliances