9. What are maintenance tips on your propane system?
• Never modify or repair your propane system. Ask your propane supplier to send a trained technician to do the work.
• If an appliance or any other component of your propane system has been tagged “out-of-service,” do not attempt to enable it. The tag indicates a serious unsafe condition.
• If an appliance has been added to or removed from your system, contact your supplier so that a technician can perform a required leak test.
• Ask your propane supplier to conduct a regular gas safety check to inspect your system for leaks and ensure it meets all applicable safety standards. The technician will also check your tank, piping, regulators, gauges, connectors, valves, vents, thermostats, pilots, burners and appliance controls to make sure they are in good working condition. • The regulator is an important part of your propane system. If it is more than 15 years old, ask your propane supplier if it should be replaced.